For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

November 20, 2011

On Loving God

loving
via

I love them that love Me; and those that seek Me early shall find Me. – Proverbs 8:17

Conditions that make it easy for us to tell God we love Him:

- when we are happy.

- when we are not suffering.

- when everything seems perfect.

What if things were the other way around…

And we are any of the following:

- we are lonely.

- we are experiencing suffering.

- we feel that life is unfair.

Would we still have the strength to tell God that we love Him?

Would we even feel love for God in the first place?

I find this to be an important challenge in my relationship with God.

From time to time, I am faced with moments where I find it difficult to pray.

On those moments I would either be:

- in distress, or

- lazy.

And both are lame reasons because:

- sometimes distress clouds our judgment,

- and laziness is NEVER a good excuse.

Laziness is just enough proof that there’s not enough love for God.

And times of distress should be the reason for us to cling to Him more…

To ask for His enlightenment…

And to pray for strength to overcome life’s trials.

Sharing with you this prayer I got from facebook:

Dear Lord, I am calling upon You today for Your Divine guidance and help. I am in crisis and need a supporting hand to keep me on the right and just path. My heart is troubled but I will strive to keep it set on You, as Your infinite wisdom will show me the right way to a just and right resolution. Thank You for hearing my prayer and for staying by my side. Amen.

Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is the faithful God, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments. – Deuteronomy 7:9littleirene