For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

October 22, 2011

Remembering To Be Grateful

smiling cute kid
via


You are my God, and I will give thanks to You; You are my God; I will extol You. Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever! – Psalm 118:28-29

I am easily tempted to compare myself to other people.

I would tend to look at the things they have.

And then I would desire to have them.

But when it seems impossible to possess them, I end up feeling sorry for myself.

Then I would feel that I am less than them as a person.

Such are the effects on me of being ungrateful.

It didn’t make me happy.

I had a feeling of inferiority.

I was never satisfied with what I have.

Worse, I fail to recognize and appreciate the blessings that God has given me.

But if only I looked more closely…

I would realize that God’s blessings are everywhere.

I would realize that I am truly rich…

Because God made me rich.

And the important lesson for me to learn…

God only gives me what He thinks I need at the moment.

That’s what He does to other people, as well.

We don’t have the same needs.

But God loves all of us equally.

We should, instead, thank Him for that love.

Let us show Him gratitude for the things He has given us and let Him know that we truly appreciate them.

It will not only give us happiness and a feeling of contentment, but it will also draw us closer to God.

Take care and God bless! :-)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. – James 1:17



Can’t figure out how to comment?
Shoot me an email i_583@yahoo.com
Or send me a tweet @ Irene9583