For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

November 5, 2011

The Act Of Forgiveness

forgive
via


And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. – Mark 11:25

It still amazes me how God is able to forgive our sins so easily.

And why His love for us never wanes even if we’ve hurt Him so many times because of our sins.

And why He even sent His Son, Jesus to suffer bloody torture and be crucified on the cross just to save us from our sins.

What a magnificent God He is, isn’t He?

He is the omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient God and yet He is so humble.

I cannot imagine any human being able to forgive when his son is tortured to death.

I would only be able to hear that person’s cry for justice and sometimes, even vengeance.

But our Father in Heaven has such a great capacity to forgive.

He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.” – Luke 24:46-47

It made me think of my shortcomings when it comes to applying this Christian virtue to myself.

You see, I am not the best person to be tackling about forgiveness because I fall short too many times.

I sometimes lose my temper over petty things.

And I have past hurts in my heart that I still refused to let go up to now.

So what right do I have to be talking about forgiveness when I am still in the process of learning it?

What I wish to do is to remind myself not to give up practicing this Christian virtue.

Even if it’s hard.

Even if it means getting hurt and then forgiving all over again.

Being human, we are not without limitations.

And when we have to experience pain over and over again, it can be emotionally taxing.

But this is where God’s strength comes in.

This is where we should ask Him to give us strength in our weaknesses and limitations.

This is a reminder that in order for us to truly forgive another person, we should work hand in hand with God.

Make God our leader.

And emulate the example of being able to infinitely forgive that He has shown us through His Son, Jesus.

Do you have any advice on forgiveness that you would like to share?

Take care and God bless! :-)

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. – Matthew 5:44-45littleirene

 

Can’t figure out how to comment?
Shoot me an email i_583@yahoo.com
Or send me a tweet @ Irene9583