For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. – John 3:16

November 8, 2011

In The Image And Likeness Of God

self love
via


This is the written account of Adam’s line. When God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. – Genesis 5:1

I always find myself constantly battling with my inner critic.

It seems as if it’s a battle that will never cease to exist.

Day in and day out, I always found reasons to point out what I lack and what I did wrong.

It is always there to remind me that what I am is not enough.

That I am not good enough.

It even makes the situation worse because it convinces me to look for an external reference in the form of other people…

What I seemed to lack becomes magnified when I compare myself to other people.

And then I end up wallowing in self-pity, thinking how unfortunate I was.

And how life is so unfair.

But then I stop and think that there is this Someone who accepts me for who I am.

Someone who loves me just as much despite my shortcomings.

Someone who sees me as beautiful despite all my imperfections.

Someone who doesn’t focus on my mistakes to make me worthy of His love…

GOD.

And when I am reminded of Him, I am reminded of the truth that I was created in His own image.

Created in the image and likeness of a Great God.

An absolute Truth.

Therefore, I truly am beautiful.

And what I am is not inadequate.

Who I am is enough for Him.

My looks, even if I do not meet the standards of the world.

My intellect, even if I am not as brilliant as the other people my age.

My achievements, even if I don’t seem to be at par with my peers.

And what He wishes for me to do is to learn to love myself.

Love and accept everything about myself.

Love and accept this person, who happens to be myself, who came from God Himself, created in His own image and likeness.

But that love should just be enough…

Not too much so as to be conceited.

And not too little so as to be insecure.

Self-love…

Do you love yourself enough? I’d love to hear…

Take care and God bless! :-)

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. – Genesis 1:27littleirene


 

Can’t figure out how to comment?
Shoot me an email i_583@yahoo.com
Or send me a tweet @ Irene9583